When: 2 April, 11:30-12:30 C.E.T. time
The second webinar of the series of capacity building initiatives under the WasteForce project, presented by IGAMAOT (General Inspection of Agriculture, Sea, Environment and Spatial Planning of Portugal) and UNITAR (United Nations Institute for Training and Research), will take place on 2 April at 11:30 CET time, to discuss practical case studies of environmental crime related to waste management.
The webinar is organised under Waste Force, a two year project funded by the EU Internal Security Fund – Police and aimed at boosting operational capacities of authorities involved in the fight against illicit waste trade and management.
After a brief overview of the Portuguese Environmental Inspection Office, representative from IGAMAOT will brief participants on the legislative framework for Waste Management Inspections and related penalties and reporting of waste crimes. Case studies and hints from waste inspections results will be analysed as well.
Representatives from the enforcement sector, academia, researchers and policy makers are invited to attend the online lectures and participate to the Q&A session envisaged at the end of the webinar. Interested participants can register at the following link:
- Susana Isabel de Oliveira Pires e Araújo, Head of the Multidisciplinary Environmental Inspection Team, IGAMAOT
- Andrea Cararo, Chemicals and Waste Management Programme, UNITAR
- Nelson Manda, Chemicals and Waste Management Programme, UNITAR
- Brief Introduction on the agenda of the webinar and introduction of the speakers
- Brief overview of IGAMAOT: the Portuguese Environmental Inspection Office
- Legislative framework of waste management inspections
- Waste Crime: penalties, offenses and reporting
- Case study: results from waste inspections
To access the webinar please click on this link: