Do you work for an organisation or authority responsible for the inspection or enforcement of waste management and waste shipment legislation and are you interested in receiving the most up to date information, strategies and techniques?
The WasteForce project will now start with a series of training events on fighting illegal waste trafficking and waste crime. In total four training events will be held, three in Europe and one in Asia. Each training will last 3 days and will bring together actors from all stages of the enforcement cycle to participate in a mixture of lectures, practical case studies, best practices open sessions and possibly a study visit.
1. Prosecution of waste crime
- Date: 27-29 November 2019
- Location: National Centre for Judiciary Training, Lisbon (Portugal)
- Main topics: impact of environmental damage, collection of evidence, how to build a prosecution case, training and specialisation
- Training announcement
2. Waste traffic inspections
- Date: 24-27 March 2020
- Location: German Police University, Münster-Hiltrup (Germany)
- Main topics: inspection planning and guidance, illegal cases during road inspections, financial investigation of fraud – international perspective, road-side checks
3. Port inspections
- Date: 11-15 May 2020
- Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Main topics: customs controls, port procedures, repatriations, inter-agency collaboration, port visit
Representatives from all relevant authorities are invited, including environmental inspectors, police and customs officers, prosecutors and judges.
Attendance is FREE, but on an invitation-only basis, limited to 25 participants. Some extra places are available, but costs for travel and accommodation are to be covered by the participants themselves.
Even if you can’t attend or don’t get selected, register anyway, and we’ll give you FREE ACCESS to our online training toolkit when it launches later this year.
Register your interest
Complete the registration form below to express your interest to participate in the training. After the deadline in August, you will be informed if your application to participate was successful.
For now only the registration for the first training in Lisbon is open. Please keep an eye on our website or social media to find out when the registration procedures for the other two training events will be launched.
Deadline: 1 August 2019